Sunday, June 26, 2016

It's all about... timing

When Erik and I travel, he inevitably starts the blog and makes the first few posts before I even accept his invitation to participate. Erik consistently starts the blog with a post the day before we leave and writes about how he is all packed and excited to get started on the trip. I normally chime in for the first time half a week into our vacation.
Due to the recent Brexit vote, I feel the need to put in my $0.02 (1.5 p) a bit sooner. Of course the reason for this is that the timing for our trip couldn't be better. The British pound is at its lowest value against the dollar in 30 years. While I have a soft spot for all things Anglo, and I know that in the long run this isn't great for the Brits, I couldn't help but watch with glee as the pound collapsed following the June 23 vote to leave the EU. This means that on the trip I get to enjoy all things Anglo in larger quantities than the normally steep conversation rate permits.

No comments:

Post a Comment